In a architecture contract, the general terms and conditions (GTC) or rather the SIA standards take on special importance, since basic fundamentals can thereby be uniformly or simply incorporated with all of the advantages and disadvantages or rather risks of “fine print:”
- General Terms and Conditions (GTC)
- SIA standards are considered General Terms and Conditions (GTC)
- KBOB rules
- If and to the extent the federal government, cantons and communes declare that the KBOB rules are applicable for a submission or otherwise, these non-legislated standards have the same importance as the SIA standards.
- Basic KBOB rules
- IPB supplementary and amendment standards
- If the principal demands the acceptance of the “supplementary and amendments of the IPB members to SIA standard 118 (EIPB 118),” they too are considered as general terms and conditions (GTC).
- Basic IPB standards